Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Happys

By Digger - Her blog is Digging Deeper. You can read about her here. You can see all posts by Digger here.  


Imagination



Source: piccsy.com via Pixel on Pinterest
I have a very vivid imagination. I have very real dreams at night (sometimes this is a Happy, sometimes it is a Sad, sometimes it is a Scary.) I am always imagining things; daydreaming. I imagine how my walls will look with shelves, I imagine how my blog will look with a new color scheme or layout, I imagine my future and my family and my career.
Sometimes my imaginations are so real I forget I'm not actually best friends with Reese Witherspoon and Hugh Laurie.



Work




Source: someecards.com via Bert on Pinterest
I pride myself on knowing how to work hard, thanks to hard-working parents who were my first examples. I don't do anything half-assed. (I can say that, right? I mean it's not swearing because an ass is a donkey and using half a donkey doesn't get the job done. So per my definition I can say it. Half-assed.) Having the ability to do a job thoroughly makes me happy.











Taking Risks

Doing things that scare or intimidate me gives me a weird sense of euphoria. Whether it's doing something on my own that is unfamiliar or sticking my foot in a pile of hot coals, I feel incredible once it's done. If you dare me, I'll probably do it. I'll try just about anything once.



Compliments




Both giving and receiving.
Part of me thrives on a little ego-stroking every now and then. Compliments truly make my world go 'round. I also love giving compliments. As weird as it may sound, it makes me feel better about myself when I can tell other people how fantastic they are.

Smells

OK. This may be a bit weird but I don't know what I would do without my sense of smell. Smells are magic. In an instant they can transport you to a different time and place. Pine trees smell like Christmas morning. New flip-flops smell like summer. All of my sentiments are related to smells and I am an incredibly sentimental person.

Learning



Source: google.com via Jay on Pinterest
I am intrigued by so many different things and I am always wanting to learn "how". How to crochet. How to make a new recipe. How to take a great picture. Whether I'm learning from experience or instruction, it is absolutely fascinating to me. I'm a nerd like that.




Words





Source: imgfave.com via Bailey on Pinterest
I'm a words girl. I have a memory for numbers, but I have a passion for words. I like to read them, write them and speak them. Ironic that I can't find many words to describe how happy words make me.



Music





Source: piccsy.com via Daphne on Pinterest
Music has and always will be a huge necessity in my life. If words can't express it, music can. Even though I love to speak words, I would much rather sing them. 



People


I love making new friends. If a stranger makes eye contact with me long enough, I talk to them. These people might think I'm weird, but I like learning about people. I also love to people-watch. This is why I attend sporting events. Hubs likes to watch the game, I like to watch the people around me and wonder what their lives are like.



Opportunities


I know this is a broad category, (they've all been pretty broad) but I love knowing that there are things I get to do in my life. I don't have to do anything, I get to. And that thrills me.

What are your happys?

1 comment:

  1. Love this post!! :) My happy's are very similar to yours! btw I think it's time you move closer to me! =D Really though I love how you wrote about so many different categories and how I could relate to so many of them!

    ReplyDelete