Sunday, March 25, 2012

I have scars

By Cassie - Her blog is Live.Laugh.L0ve. You can learn more about her here. You can read all posts from Cassie here.  

You see I have a lot of scars. I don't hide behind them. I embrace them because they are apart of who I am. See for yourself.

This scar - This one is a good memory. Hubby was chasing me through the house {yeah were five years old} and one of the boys toys that is made for riding just jumped right out in front of me ;) and I slammed right into it. I went down instantly but I couldn't help but laugh because we were having so much fun.

This scar - the one that I hated for so long. It goes right down the middle of my chest to my belly button. It's proof that I am a miracle. When I was two I had open heart surgery. I had been getting sick a lot for a long and the doctors just kept putting my parents off saying it was just a week immune system. Well, one night they weren't buying it and took me to ER. There they discovered the large whole in my heart and the doctors words were somewhere along the lines of - if you had waited any longer to bring her in she wouldn't be alive. Do you hear that - If they had waited any longer do you know how much more I value my life because of that.

These scars - they are carved {not literally} into my stomach. They are a blessing - they remind me that I carried two beautiful little boys in their.

I have a scar on my knee - I was doing flips on a trampoline and had tucked my legs in really tight and didn't let go in time. So when I slammed down into the trampoline my tooth went into my leg and tore up skin. Yes it was gross and yes it hurt like h e double hockey sticks.

This scar that you can't see is for the loss of my grandmother. This scar is for the loss of a very good friend. This scar is for witnessing violence. This scar is being burned by friends. This scar is loosing trust in people. This scar is knowing pain. This scar & this scar is when God almost took KJ home twice. But you can't see those ones. They are on my heart.

Embrace your scars even if you can't see them - they make you who you are, they make you stronger.

share with me one scar you have - visible or not.

1 comment:

  1. Cassie this is beautiful!!! One scar I have is my first miscarriage. Although it brought great pain and loss, it opened my eyes on how to be compassionate to those who suffer loss in that way. One truly does not understand unless they experience it.

    ReplyDelete