Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Perfect day

By Cassie - Her blog is Live.Laugh.L0ve. You can learn more about her here. You can read all posts from Cassie here.


I couldn't tell you the last time we had a family day; all day long, before Sunday. It was small things that made the day perfect and I very much believe it's the small things that matter most.

1. We went to our favorite restaurant for breakfast. We haven't done this in so long, the kids were seriously so well behaved and the food was great. It was a great start to our day.

2. We attended church as a family for the first time ever. I was super nervous about going to a new church and nervous about how the kids would react in a new place. But the pastor was great and so was the service. Everyone was completely friendly and the boys had a wonderful time!

3. We spent about an hour in the book store. The boys once again were good. They loved the amount of books they saw. It was nice for all of us browsing & choosing the books we wanted.

4. We relaxed at home. After all the running around we did that day we came home and just simply relaxed. It was sooo nice.

5. Hubby took me on a date. My sister so kindly watched the boys for us and hubs took me to this little Italian place. It was the best Italian food I had ever eaten.

You may be thinking - really that was your perfect day? Yes, yes it was. Because all those small things added up and I enjoyed the day, I was completely happy. Pay attention to the small things, because those small things can add up to one amazing day. 

2 comments: