Friday, February 24, 2012

Meet Sarah



Embracing life.

This is something that has become near and dear to my heart.  In over 11 years of marriage, my husband and I have walked the journey of stillbirth and miscarriage.  We've been through three separate events which nearly cost me my life.  We've had two daughters, the youngest of whom {age 5} has multiple special needs and is medically fragile.  Since 2009, she has been battling chronic respiratory illnesses.  2010 was a particularly difficult year for her.  

My faith has been shaken to the core repeatedly on this journey.  I spent a lot of time and energy placing blame where it shouldn't be.  I spent a lot of time in tears and building up an anger inside that I just don't ever want to revisit.  I learned along the way that sometimes you need to be broken down completely in order to be built up fully. In 2010, when we were facing repeated illnesses with my daughter, we came to a point where her very life was at stake each and every time.  I came to lean on my husband, church family and friends like never before.  I began to accept that God wasn't angry at me for something and He wasn't punishing me for anything by putting us through all these trials.

Once I stopped blaming God and being angry with Him, I began to learn how important it is to embrace this very life that we have been given.  He has given each and every one of us but one life to live.  He desires that we embrace this opportunity to make the most of our lives with what He has given us and in the circumstances He has placed us in.  Our pastor has often said that God has created each of us for a purpose and we are all uniquely placed where we are, in the time we are in, for a purpose.  

I now fully believe that it is up to each of us to embrace our circumstances and to try to find the joy and blessings in them regardless of what they are.  I believe when we really look, we will find blessings.  It may not be easy to see, but they are there!  When we find the joy and blessings in our circumstances, it helps us to look at them without fear {or with less fear, anyway} and without regret.

As I have discovered on my life journey, our very existence is fragile.  We have no idea how long or short it might be.  We must live our lives to the full - not with wild, reckless abandon, but according to His will and plan for us - through whatever situation we may be in.  It is a mission of mine to blog about the places where I find the joys and blessings in my life in the hopes that they might help others to see that there is joy and there is blessing to be found, even in the midst of struggle.


Blog/ Facebook/ Twitter/ Bloglovin'/ Shop/ Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment