Thursday, February 23, 2012

Let go and Let God

By Cassie - Her blog is Live.Laugh.L0ve. You can learn more about her here. You can read all posts from Cassie here. 

As humans I think we have this natural urge to try and figure out our life. To plan it and to make sure it goes according to plan. We panic when we don't know exactly where our life is going to take us. It took me years to grasp the fact that God's plan for me is much bigger than the one I have for myself. That I need to trust him with my life, with my husband's life, with my boy's lives. It scary to let go - but it's amazing you when you do.


I love this picture. We were getting ready to take the boys to my sister's house, she was going to watch them for a bit while the hubs and I went out to dinner. We pulled into sonic to get the boys a bite to eat and my anxiety started to rise. We were fixing to get on the highway - something I hate. I was going to be without my boys which always causes me to worry. As were sitting there waiting for their food I look up at the sky. I see this beautiful sunset in front of me and I notice the shape - they look like wings.


It reminded me of Angels which reminded me of God and then I heard the whisper Let go and let God. He calmed me down, reminded me that I should not worry because he is there. He is watching over us, because he has plans for us that I couldn't even dream of. When I Let Go & Let God, I feel more at ease because I know that no matter what happens, where life takes me; where it takes us - he will be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment