Sunday, May 13, 2012

Thoughts on Faith

Every Sunday the writers of embrace your life are going to share their thoughts on a certain topic. This week's topic is Faith.


First we would like to wish a Happy Mother's Day to all you mommas out there!

Cassie


Faith is something that gets me through each day. I am strong in my faith, it is apart of who I am. I have faith that hard times won't last forever and that good times should be celebrated. Having faith makes it to where I can look at a bad situation and find the beauty in it. I know that God is always by my side and with him I can do anything and I can get through anything. Having faith keeps me going. Having faith means I can look at the bumpy roads and know I can make it through them.

He knows the plans he has for me, which makes my faith even stronger. Because I know something good comes out of everything. There is a rainbow after the storm.

Digger



Faith is essential in my life. "Faith is things which are hoped for and not seen" (Ether 12:6) Faith is the hope that good will come from what happens. That there is always a light somewhere to be seen. That hope, that's what grounds me. That's what sees me through the hard times, and what pushes me to help others through the good times. Faith is how I conquer the day and how i make decisions not only for myself, but for my children and my family. 

"Faith is knowing the sun will rise, lighting each new day. Faith is knowing the Lord will hear my prayers each time I pray. Faith is like a little seed; if planted it will grow. Faith is a swelling within my heart. When I do right, I know"

Skye

the cornerstone of my faith is Jesus and i never really knew how strong that faith was until my mom passed away. the days, weeks, and months following her death were a whirlwind of crazy emotions. the only thing that kept me sane and stable was knowing that she is in Heaven with my Jesus and that i know, without a shred of doubt, that i will see her again. i always tell myself that she got there, saw her mom and dad, and will turn around to see us standing there as well. i believe there is no time in Heaven and that she will never truly feel like she has missed any amount of time with us.

i don't know how people without faith in Jesus can cope with the world as it is today. sometimes it just disgusts me how torrential the downpour of sin has become but knowing that if i can fight the daily battle with my Jesus umbrella i have this amazing place awaiting me that makes our world here seem meaningless. that faith is hard to keep up and i definitely struggle with it. i question God and some of the things that happen. i worry sometimes that all my faith and fighting will be worth nothing. but then something happens - God answers a prayer or i see people selflessly helping each other and my faith is restored.

what are things in every day life that restore your faith? where do you turn when your faith is shaken?

Sarah 


Having faith has become an incredibly important part of my life.  I could not do life with a special needs child without it.  I tried for a while - blaming God and saying "why me???" for too long.  Life became this downward spiral for me.  It got to a point in time where my daughter's health deteriorated so much that the only thing I could possibly cling to at that point was what little faith I had.  I turned things over to God and allowed Him to be in control for once.   After all, I'm not really in control at all in this life, now am I?!  I found this passage to be helpful in my faith:

1 Peter 5:6-9 (NLT)
6 So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. 7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
8 Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. 9 Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are.
 

When you read this passage, it sure sounds difficult, doesn't it? Humble yourselves. Watch out for the enemy. Tough stuff. But look beyond that. Friends, this scripture is a promise from God. He is asking us to humble ourselves before Him. To submit to Him. Why? Because He desires that we would follow Him because He loves us and cares for us. He cares about us enough to ask us to give up all of our worries. He is offering to take up the burdens for us.  There is also reassurance in this passage because we are being told that we are not alone in our troubles.  No matter how much it feels like we are - we are not.

Take heart and know that God is with you in all your triumphs but also in all your struggles as well.  Have faith that He is there for you.  He has never and will never leave your side.  I know my life improved tremendously when I finally realized this!  This is a hope and a promise in all of this - that God will ease your load.  Have faith!




1 comment:

  1. Hi, your blog really touches me, have been reading it for a while... Just wanted you to know about a website i started ReadYourBiblesChurch.com... It's a place for Bible study guides.. I also put a forum in that can be viewed from a mobile device.. I couldn't find where to contact you privately so I'm commenting, hope that is okay. :) God Bless!

    ReplyDelete