Wednesday, May 23, 2012

5 Tips To Focus

Drawn towards a creative life at a very young age and being an only child, I was always found drawing, imagining, or creating in one form or another. Now I am the desigNERD behind Dig Deep Design Studio. I'm all about designing, writing, photographing and living a fruitful, fulfilled life. No other ambition than to find balance in myself and live an artful existence. You can find Diggers blog here & her shop here. Want to read more from Digger? You can do that here.  


Every month we are going to have one week dedicated to a certain topic. This week the writers of embrace your life are sharing how we keep focus in life.

Focus is nothing more than intense determination to see something through to the end. It's the act of achieving goals through positive thoughts, love, and unwavering faith that you "can". Here's the 5 things that I use to keep me focused and help me achieve my goals:
Source: Uploaded by user via Danny on Pinterest
  1. JUST DO IT: No matter what, if I try and fail at least I tried and I'm in a better place than I was when I started. If I never try, I never succeed. 
  2. NOTHING CAN STOP YOU BUT YOU: There are three choices with any decision. Are you going to do it, not do it, or smash through it and show it who's boss. Number three really is the ultimate goal for me. :)
  3. INSPIRE=ACTION: If you feel it, you MUST do it. Inspiration is like a fire. It will burn for a while all by itself, but if you neglect it or stop feeding it, eventually it will burn out and it's really hard to get it going again with just the coals. Inspiration is God's way of saying "do this now". If you ignore it, somebody else will get the message.
  4. ENJOY THE JOURNEY: Life is a journey. If we're always just waiting for the "big" ones, we're going to miss some "good" ones. Every step counts. Make it.
  5. BE THANKFUL: You woke up today. Congrats, you get to try something new something different. You get to strive for those goals, don't waste it. 
Sometimes life can get really hard. And sometimes it can feel completely impossible. But remember, it's your life and you are in charge. Only you get to choose how you feel and what you do. 

I'm really glad that you've found Embrace Your Life. Sometimes we all need that little extra "umph" to get us going in the day and to help us remember to cherish the little things. That's what we're here for, to help, to support, and to show you that little extra light whenever you're needing it. 

<<>>

1 comment: