Monday, April 30, 2012

Count your blessings

Growing up Cassie always loved to write. Notes, letters & in her journal. Now she has a passion for writing. She's loves Jesus. She's a wife to her high school crush & a mother to two beautiful little boys. She dreams big, loves entirely and lives life to the fullest. She believes laughter is the best medicine and embracing life is something she does with pleasure. Her blog is Live.Laugh.L0ve and she creates "pretties" in her handmade shop called ccy designs. You can see more post by Cassie here.

Oh if there is one thing I try to help people with is when they start naming every bad thing that is going on in their life. Trust me when I say I know life isn't always perfect, there is tons of stress and sometimes you just straight up get down because of it all. But when this happens I start counting my blessings.

One. We have food. Yep, we are able to eat during the day. That is a blessing because some people don't even get that.

Two. I have two beautiful healthy children. Huge blessing, seeing as some women have extremely unhealthy kids or some have lost their kids. I am beyond thankful for that.

Three. I have a husband who loves me for who I am. Again, another blessing because some women's husbands try to change them.

Four. I have a roof of my head. Some people don't.

Five. I have a few close friends. I prefer a few close friends over a bunch of "friends." I love the friends I do have and am so thankful they are apart of my life.

Six. My parents are still alive. Very thankful for that.

Seven. We have a working vehicle. We may only have one car right now but I am thankful that we have even that.

Eight. Being able to take pictures. Because some people don't get to take pictures and capture those moments that we do.

Nine. Being alive. Getting to live is a blessing.

Ten. Being able to see & touch & smell & taste. Because some can't do that.

That is just then things off the top of my head that I am blessed with. Some are small and some are big. But each blessing counts and when I am down it helps tremendously to start listing everything I am blessed with in my life.

So tell me one thing you are blessed with today.

No comments:

Post a Comment