Friday, April 13, 2012

What made me embrace life

Growing up Cassie always loved to write. Notes, letters & in her journal. Now she has a passion for writing. She's loves Jesus. She's a wife to her high school crush & a mother to two beautiful little boys. She dreams big, loves entirely and lives life to the fullest. She believes laughter is the best medicine and embracing life is something she does with pleasure. Her blog is Live.Laugh.L0ve and she creates "pretties" in her handmade shop called ccy designs. You can see more post by Cassie here. 

You wanna know a big reason I started Embracing Life? Something that rocked my 17 year old world. When we lost a dear friend. He was my husbands best friend. There one day and gone the next. Just like that. In the blink of an eye my life changed. At 17 years old I learned just how precious life was. He was going to be a dad - his girlfriend was about six months pregnant. I look at the pictures of his boy and think that he is a spitting image of his daddy from the day he was born. We lost a close friend that day but he lives in his son.

Friday the 13th is when it happened - he was announced dead on the 14th. I couldn't help but live every moment I could from then on. To be there. To appreciate every situation because in a blink of an eye I could be gone. Needless to say it took a little time, for a week or so we were all numb. We cried constantly and it was hard. But after that I realized I had to live.

I had to live life. When my time comes and my life flashes before my eyes I want to remember that I did everything I could to see the good in every situation, that I lived this life I was given with a vengeance. I want to know I made memories. I don't talk about this a lot because it's hard. I'm struggling to even get through this post, it's been six years and it's still hard but we push forward. Because that's what you do in life. you have to keep going. It was harder on my husband. I had never seen him in so much pain and to this day when we talk about Richard - the pain is still in his eyes.

But we learned. We learned to live life again. We learned to laugh and smile. We learned how to talk about Richard and laugh and smile at the memories even with an ounce of pain. I learned to embrace life even when it seems impossible.

1 comment:

  1. very nice inspirational post. I think I need to embrace life more too....

    ReplyDelete