Friday, April 6, 2012

Memories

Growing up Cassie always loved to write. Notes, letters & in her journal. Now she has a passion for writing. She's loves Jesus. She's a wife to her high school crush & a mother to two beautiful little boys. She dreams big, loves entirely and lives life to the fullest. She believes laughter is the best medicine and embracing life is something she does with pleasure. Her blog is Live.Laugh.L0ve and she creates "pretties" in her handmade shop called ccy designs. You can see more post by Cassie here.

My oldest sons birthday is coming up next week. I was sitting down looking at his baby pictures, going through the years until now and I had to fight back tears. I relished in every memory that hit me - in every picture that I looked at. You want to know what made the tears spill over. As I replayed memory after memory in my head, it dawned on me how much time I used to spend with my boys before we got a house that constantly needs cleaning, before I started blogging, before life somehow stopped me from spending as much time with them.

I guess it was an ah-ha moment. I used to play with my boys constantly. They had my attention so much through out the day. I kept trying to figure out when that changed, which I stopped giving them so much attention. Don't get me wrong we play games and have color time during the day - but no where near what it used to be. So yesterday I tried to balance everything out. Spending tons of time with them, cleaning, blogging, crocheting, etc. You know what I realized. No matter what I do - I can't pull it off. If I give them most of my time other things falter. If i clean I'm loosing even more time with them because - good grief cleaning takes so much time.

Blogging is not really that big of a deal - if my boys aren't playing they are sitting next to me or in my nap and I constantly interact with them while I'm on the computer. But I'm going to try to make everything work. I may not be able to play with the boys as much as I want too, but our time playing, coloring, crafting, - I'm going to make it 100% worth it. I'm going to make memories with them & make the time we spend together during the day worth it.

Because I think that's what counts. I think {at least Jay does} they understand that mommy can't always sit on the floor and build blocks all.day.long or color until my arm falls off. But I hope they do understand that when I can sit down to play with them, color with them, make food with them, that I am going to be there - I am going to laugh and smile and talk to them and interact with them and I hope that the time we do spend together - is good memories for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment