Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Faith

Sarah is a Christian wife and mom of two girls.  I love life and am learning how to give thanks in all things.  I enjoy blogging as a way to share with others the blessings and joys in life that are out there if we just look around! You can find her blog here and shop here. Read more posts from Sarah here.

When thinking about what to write for this week, I honestly had a hard time.  If you've come to know me and learn my story a bit, you know that our daily life is fully of many challenges while we raise an 8 year old girl and her almost-six year old sister who happens to be special needs and medically fragile.  I am so caught up in the grind that I often neglect the "me" time.  Yes, I devote time to blogging and getting words out there, but I am talking about the solitary "me" time.  The time to connect with God.

When I set aside the business and chaos of my life, and I think about my relationship with God, that is truly where I find my inspiration.  It comes in different forms, but it all leads to Him.  Aside from Scripture itself, I think my main source of inspiration comes from worship music.

When I'm in the car I will either have the radio tuned to our local Christian station or I will have a Christian music cd playing.  I honestly couldn't tell you what is current in mainstream music these days.  Not a clue.  None.  But I love Christian music.  It's what we hear in church and it's what I listen to in my daily life.  I often come home from church when a particular song has struck me and I find it on youtube and play it non-stop.  My Pandora station is all-Christian.  Every now and then something secular sneaks in and I skip over it.



My life journey is one that is moving towards God and I find that in the music I listen to, there are often times where a word or a line will really resonate with me.  I feel like I can connect with Him with this music playing.  So, if you're wondering who I listen to, you'll find me most often listening to Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman {who just played at our church a couple weeks ago!}, Steve Fee, Jesus Culture, Hillsong, and even music from our church - Martin Chalk.

I am in the worship choir at church.  We sing with the worship band every now and then {maybe once every month or so and for some special occasions}.  When I am worshiping at church, particularly when it's with the choir, I feel so overwhelmingly inspired.  Inspired to be a better child of God.  Inspired to be closer to God.  Inspired to live my life for Him and not worry needlessly about the things of this world that I have no control over.


Easter 2011 - Seacoast worship choir singing along with the worship band


Worship music calms my spirit.  It lifts me up.  It frees me from the bondage of the challenges I may be facing that day.

It connects me to God.

As I journey on this road, I will continue to look for the things around me that inspire me to draw nearer to Him.

1 comment:

  1. I really feel the same way about music. When i was a new Christian the worship music at church made me cry every single week. Oh, who am I kidding? The worship music still moves me to tears. God reaches out to us in unique ways.

    ReplyDelete