Tuesday, June 12, 2012

When Facing Challenges

Sarah is a Christian wife and mom of two girls.  I love life and am learning how to give thanks in all things.  I enjoy blogging as a way to share with others the blessings and joys in life that are out there if we just look around! You can find her blog here and shop here. Read more posts from Sarah here.


When life starts throwing you curveballs, it can be really challenging to figure out how you are supposed to embrace your circumstances.  We've had challenging past few weeks and, honestly, it's had me in a funk.  For whatever reason, I seem to be having a hard time lately trying to figure out the "why" behind the "what" of our circumstances.
But God knew what I needed to hear.  Twice in the past week, He has reminded me in big ways about something I need to know and remember always.  Jeremiah 29:11 says:
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
This verse was preached on at my church twice within the past week - once at our First Wednesday service last week and towards the end of our message this past Sunday.  In both messages, the pastors discussed the fact that we may find ourselves in circumstances that are beyond our understanding.  We may even wonder where God is in all of it.  We may be begging him to tell us why this is happening {or not happening, depending on your issue}.  We just can't seem to find the answers and we may be having a hard time seeing Him through it all.
This verse says it all.  GOD knows what the plan for our lives is - even if we don't.  We need to trust in Him that HE knows what the plan is.  We need to trust in Him that there IS a plan!  Sometimes we just can't even fathom how our circumstances could be used for anything good at all.  But we need to trust God.  As our pastor said, whether the circumstances are good or bad, we aren't able to see the entire picture.  It's just not possible.  We can't always see the purpose He intends for us in the middle of the situation.  But there is a purpose.
So, this is a challenge to myself and to any of you who may also be facing some challenges right now.  I know it's not easy, but when you cannot see the "why" for the "what" that you currently find yourself in, try to remember Him.  Just hold on to His promise that He has a plan.  It hasn't been forgotten or abandoned.  He knows what the plan is and He will use your circumstances for His good.  When you are having a hard time embracing your life, at the very least, embrace that promise!
"Peyton's Field of Flowers" - a piece done by a local worship artist for my special needs daughter. Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Oh FINE...go and throw Truth at me why don't you! ;) I'm overwhelmed with my depression this week and it's frustrating me...thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I have been trying REALLY hard to cling to something lately and this just whacked me over the head TWICE in the past week. The way our pastor put it made so much sense. You can go to this link http://www.seacoast.org/resources/love-is/ and watch the message from Sunday that I referred to. It was excellent.

      Delete
    2. It's the "When I'm Looking Through a Foggy Mirror (Josh Surratt)" message.

      Delete
    3. Awesome! Thanks...I missed church this week to work...

      Delete
  2. Thank you! This moved my heart and gave me hope that my difficulties in life will be helped soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm glad that it gave you some hope!

      Delete