Thursday, June 28, 2012

Trust in YOU

Drawn towards a creative life at a very young age and being an only child, I was always found drawing, imagining, or creating in one form or another. Now I am the desigNERD behind Dig Deep Design Studio. I'm all about designing, writing, photographing and living a fruitful, fulfilled life. No other ambition than to find balance in myself and live an artful existence. You can find Diggers blog here & her shop here. Want to read more from Digger? You can do that here.   


I was thinking about one of my friends today. She's incredible. I mean truly amazing. I worry about her and I think about her a lot. She is currently doing the Soul Detox and she came across this quote:
"What you fear reveals what you value the most. What you fear reveals where you trust God the least."
She instantly felt ashamed of herself. She felt she'd let God down because she lacked trust. I think we all feel this at some point in our lives. I know I have. Anyway, I just wanted to put this out there for anybody else that is struggling with this concept. It hurt me that she felt bad about this. Like I said, she's amazing and I can't imagine God being disappointed in her for anything. She has been a solid foundation for me, and I know that her faith in God is unquestionable. 


You see, trust is a big issue with us all. It's not something that we are born with. We're sent to this Earth in our most simple, most innocent form. EVERYTHING must be learned, and we're always growing and learning - being forced to stretch our skills and talents. Some of them are easy and some are hard, but we're all sent here as equals.

Trust in God is no exception to this rule. Especially when bad things happen or when our lives are flipped upside down. However, those are the moments that we're asked to bend and stretch. If you can look those times in the face and still bend down to your knees and talk with God, that, all by itself, shows that you have trust. You trust that no matter what, in the end, He'll come through for you. Otherwise you would denounce your beliefs and instantly claim atheism. 


I realize that this doesn't seem like a lot. That there are no bells or whistles or parting waters, but I honestly believe that God doesn't work like that (on the regular of course). He wants us to seek him and believe in him. That's how we show our trust. 

This Soul Detox is a good thing. I may not participate but I do agree that we all need to spend a few minutes every day thinking about these things. However, don't let one quote shake your faith. Knowing who you are is just as important as knowing what you believe. Hold on to that. And if you start to lack Faith in it, just ask. Trust that God loves each and every one of us, no matter what we do, he will be there, standing tall and standing strong, just waiting for us to reach out.

No comments:

Post a Comment