Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Which path would you choose?

Growing up Cassie always loved to write. Notes, letters & in her journal. Now she has a passion for writing. She's loves Jesus. She's a wife to her high school crush & a mother to two beautiful little boys. She dreams big, loves entirely and lives life to the fullest. She believes laughter is the best medicine and embracing life is something she does with pleasure. Her blog is Live.Laugh.L0ve and she creates spontaneous designs in her handmade shop called The Spontaneous Designer. You can see more post by Cassie here.     

A repost from my blog


I was going to do a vlog today. But I felt like writing instead. I feel like I can explain things and say things better with writing then I can trying to talk to a video camera. Which by the way - I'm awful at. My eyes never stay on the camera and I tend to say um. But that's off subject.

What I wanted to talk about today is something that is on my heart and it all seems to center around one thing. Life. My Life to be exact.

I don't know if it's because another birthday is coming up.
Or time seems to be at a stand still for me and I don't feel I'm moving forward.
Or if I'm just putting too much thought into things.

But I feel like I'm on this path. It is paved with beautiful stones the colors of the sunset, it's beckoning me too move forward, it's smooth as marble and as breathtaking as the sunset it was created after. There aren't many bumps in this road, it's safe. My kids are happy on this path and so is my husband. But we are all just happy - that is it. Because we played safe.

The path to my right is paved with every dream, wish & hope I've ever had. For myself, for my husband, for my children. I can see the various bumps and the detours along the way. It's beautiful and scary all at once. Some of my dreams are so close I feel if I reach my hand out just enough I can grasp them. Other's are so far away I feel like I could walk forever and never touch them. I can see my children continuing to grow up too fast right before my eyes and the love I have for my husband continue to soar. 


I feel like I'm living in this dream of not knowing which path to take. Do I want to play it safe, stay where I am and continue to be happy with life. Because I am happy. Or do I want to take the path that I feel I was meant for.. the path of the unknown and the beautiful. The path where I could be more than happy. 


I have new dreams forming along with old ones. I'm learning about myself as I go. I have taken on a new job {still working from home} and I hope to take on more. In a couple of years I hope to live another dream, even if it's for a short time & I'm still holding onto my dream of being a published author someday.


The sunset path may be the safest. But it won't get me where I'm meant to be. 
I will take the path of the unknown. Continue to be happy, roll with the bumps and detours and live this life I was given and give it all I have, give my children and my husband all I have. 
I won't live a mediocre life. I will live an extraordinary one. Because I was never meant to be ordinary.


I will continue to wake up each morning and rain kisses over my children's faces & kiss my husband a thousand times. As I take the path of the unknown, I know I will look into three beautiful faces and know that they believe in me and that we are all on this journey together.


I will know this is the path that was meant for me.

Photobucket












{Coffee date - linking up here}




No comments:

Post a Comment