Monday, July 30, 2012

Realizing who you are...

Growing up Cassie always loved to write. Notes, letters & in her journal. Now she has a passion for writing. She's loves Jesus. She's a wife to her high school crush & a mother to two beautiful little boys. She dreams big, loves entirely and lives life to the fullest. She believes laughter is the best medicine and embracing life is something she does with pleasure. Her blog is Live.Laugh.L0ve and she creates spontaneous designs in her handmade shop called The Spontaneous Designer. You can see more post by Cassie here.   

Apart of embracing life - is not only understanding yourself but realizing who you are. Figuring out how you go to where you are today. Reflecting on what made you who you are today. We all have a past, a history, a story - it comes with life.. Today I'm going to share a little bit of mine.

The beginning of my story is what people have told me. It is nothing that I can remember - but none the less it's where it all started...

November 21, 1988 my parents welcomed me into this world. 7 pounds 12 ounces - bald headed and extremely blue eyed. I no nothing of anything in between this day and the horror that struck my parents except this - I was a very sick baby/toddler. I was always getting sick, the doctors thought nothing of it but my parents knew something was wrong. Call it parental instinct if you will but the last time I got sick I was almost 2 years old.

I look at KJ and see the fun, energetic sweet little boy that he is and cringe at the idea of what my parents had to go through next. Like I said, I was sick again and my parents had had enough and rushed me to the hospital and demanded the doctors find out what was wrong with me. Multiple tests and an EKG later they found out I had a whole - big one - in my heart. I can only imagine the fear that shot through my parents.

The doctors told them that if they had waited any longer to bring me in - I wouldn't be here today. That opens your eyes quite a bit. That if my parents would have gone against their instinct and listened to the doctors when they said I just had a weak immune system I wouldn't be here. They rushed me into surgery and closed up the hole and I spent some time in the hospital recovering.

This part of the story is where I always find myself smiling because I have always been the type to bounce back fast. My dad told me 2 days after my surgery I was running around the hospital room as if nothing happened. I can just picture it, my little nightgown on running around on my short little toddler legs. Laughing and playing 2 days after I just had my chest split wide open. This happy little toddler that you would have never guessed by looking at her had just had open heart surgery.

That's who I am. I recover fast. Anyways, this next part is still me as well. While I'm running around like any toddler I trip and fall and slam right onto my chest. great. my dad flipped out - turns out I was okay and didn't do any damage. But still to this day - I am clumsy.

Like I said - figuring out who you are starts at the beginning of your life. There are things you did right from the start that make you who you are. Do a little soul searching, ask questions and find out if you are still the person that you were born as.


No comments:

Post a Comment