Saturday, July 21, 2012

I almost passed up this beautiful moment

Growing up Cassie always loved to write. Notes, letters & in her journal. Now she has a passion for writing. She's loves Jesus. She's a wife to her high school crush & a mother to two beautiful little boys. She dreams big, loves entirely and lives life to the fullest. She believes laughter is the best medicine and embracing life is something she does with pleasure. Her blog is Live.Laugh.L0ve and she creates spontaneous designs in her handmade shop called The Spontaneous Designer. You can see more post by Cassie here.    

After two weeks of being teased with the chance of rain. We finally got some.
KJ was sleeping & Jay immediately wanted to go outside when it had calmed down and was just lightly raining. I won't lie - my first reaction was going to be no. Because I had a list a mile long of things I needed to get done. But something told me just take him outside.


So there we went.
Short, t-shirts, no shoes.
Out into the rain.



At first we I just sat on the porch while the rain fell lightly like a feather floating from the sky. I let the cool breeze only found during the summer rain whip around me. I watched Jay drive his train along the cracks in the driveway - he seemed so incredibly happy.




But a voice inside my head told me to get up and enjoy this moment with him.
So I did.

I let that feather light rain wash over. I walked hand in hand with Jay up in down the street - splashing in puddles and laughing. We raced up and down the driveway. We spun in circles until we thought we were going to throw up. And we laughed. Boy, did we laugh.




For the first time in a long time. I let the rain wash away my to-do list. I let it clear my mind. I let the cool breeze engulf me and I appreciated it. I talked with my little one and laughed with him. I embraced the moment. A moment I almost didn't take the time to do. A moment I could have never had with him. He reminded me that once upon a time I used to love being out in the rain. Jay reminded me to take the time to appreciate it.






And as the rain stopped.
As our fun was coming to an end.
We witnessed the most beautiful sky after the storm.
Jay could only keep saying "Mommy looks at the pretty colors."
It was a moment I will cherish forever.


1 comment:

  1. Do you usually pay much attention to optimizing your blog articles for search systems?

    ReplyDelete