Friday, April 27, 2012

Picking up the pieces

Growing up Cassie always loved to write. Notes, letters & in her journal. Now she has a passion for writing. She's loves Jesus. She's a wife to her high school crush & a mother to two beautiful little boys. She dreams big, loves entirely and lives life to the fullest. She believes laughter is the best medicine and embracing life is something she does with pleasure. Her blog is Live.Laugh.L0ve and she creates "pretties" in her handmade shop called ccy designs. You can see more post by Cassie here.

Everyone at some point or another in their life is going to break. Maybe more than once. It might be over the loss of a loved one. The loss of a pet. Financial reasons. Or it may be a bunch of little things that you have been carrying around on your shoulder to the point where the weight of it all just hits you one night.

{Via}

Like the other night when I was sitting in bed reading. You want to know what finally made me break. My boys playing and getting out of bed at almost midnight. I was exhausted and I kept having to get onto them and they kept not listening and all at once I felt defeated. Then everything I had been holding onto - the weight of it all crushed me. 

I sobbed into a pillow for nearly 30 minutes. I thought I was never going to stop. I cried and I prayed. I prayed so hard that I was screaming in my head - screaming the prayer, begging God. I'm not sure I've ever done that before. And when the tears finally started to slow down. When I could control my breathing. When I could stop everything running through my head. 

I heard it and it's something I'll never forget. It's one of Gods whispers. 

You don't have to pick up the pieces alone.

and he was right. Of course he was right, he's God. I had been trying to take care of it all. To deal with everything. To manage everything along with stress and I was trying to be okay with it all. When I should have been giving it to him. He reminded me that even when I'm broken, I don't have to pick up the pieces alone. And neither do you. 

{Via}

No comments:

Post a Comment